Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Inspired by Textures and Roses

Daily Practice
Journal

This is another work inspired by Karlyn Holman's new book. I used pink mulberry paper (much as I used Unryu paper in the pears), to give the roses extra texture. The paper was added following an application of paint, dried, then covered with YES! glue, and repainted in various tones of pink and salmon. If I were to redo this, I would leave off the rose branches at the bottom of the vase; they seem awkwardly placed when viewing these on screen - but in real life, look as intended.

We're off to the gardens in Wilmington with two vans filled with guests. I won't be back until late tonight, so I'll have to catch up with everyone tomorrow after a day of meetings.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Joan said...

I like the texture the mulberry paper is giving you...you work with it so well. Nicely done!!! I've signed up for a collage class starting at the end of May. It should be fun.

Thanks for your concern and prayers for my MIL. Things went well with the surgery and they are hoping to get her up and about today.

Lorraine said...

Wonderful creation!! I love it. I don't think the base looks awkward -- it adds interest and balances the painting.

Have a great trip. enjoy!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Sounds like a fun exercise. I am still waiting for my book to come that I ordered.