Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quick Practice of What's in Front of Me

Daily Practice

I got home last night after 9 pm and an intense day. I didn't have time for any painting, but did manage to sketch a bit before turning off the light at 10. This simple watercolor was done a few weeks ago when I got to the B&B a bit earlier -- but still didn't have enough time for anything more elaborate.

Thank you again for your well wishes. I'm feeling much better -- and have to put a plug in for a product that seems to have helped me turn the corner -- Airborne (no paid sponsorship, I assure you! LOL). Somehow that herbal remedy has take the 'hack' out of the cough, the 'stuff' out of the stuffiness, and put the 'well' into wellbeing. I'm sure resting, lots of fluids, cough syrup and decongestants have contributed as well - but this stuff worked well for me and so I thought I'd pass that along.

We're making a dent in the preparations for our big event next week - the 'Prelude' to the next phase of the Arboretum. We'll be creating a 'southern' garden and the lecture I've written explains the heritage of these gardens and the cultures that have contributed to making them distinct. It'll be a mighty busy time, because immediately after that event, we'll be interviewing for two positions we urgently need to fill. Once all those obligations are met, we have a brief respite (24 hours, I think! LOL) before we ready for our largest fundraiser -- our plant sale. So, I'm stocking up on Airborne... lol

Stay well!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I think it's great that you paint "what's in front of you"... I should try that myself!

Glad you're feeling better. What's in Airborne? Is it herbal or OTC meds?

Don't know if you're interested or not.. my doc put me on fish oil capsules and vitamin D capsules twice a day. She said new research has shown that Vit. D is more more important to our immune systems than previously thought. So far, I haven't caught any of the viruses that have been running around all around me. Oh dear, now that I've said that I'll probably be in trouble! :-)

Anonymous said...

What a delicate, lovely painting. I am especially impressed with the detail on the top (where you press for lotion or soap) - excellent job Lin!

Glad you are feeling a bit better but rest all you can. Wish I could send you many helpers but am glad you'll be interviewing for positions.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Lin - I love the delicate "porcelain" look to this! I can't imagine being that tired and reaching for my brushes, but maybe painting relaxes you at the end of the day.

I've only used Airborne to try to prevent catching something that's going around. I'm glad it worked on your symptoms too. Feel better and rest up so that you can make it through all that you described!!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I agree ... you've conveyed the delicate nature of the porcelain object. Very well done Lin.