Thursday, March 19, 2009

Flowing Almond - a Gift from Rebecca

After a far-too long day, I returned to the B&B to find this tender gift from Rebecca -- a beautiful vase of just-opening flowering almond blossoms! I arrived too late in the evening to see the shrub in bloom, but these delightful pink flowers certainly cheered me! And so, of course, I had to paint them! Such a sweet surprise!

We're off today to meet area artists, and I hope to find a moment to paint. Fingers crossed ...!

Have a great day! It's supposed to be sunny and warm -- another gift ...!

5 comments:

Robyn Sinclair said...

Gorgeous Almond blossom, Lin and lovely work on the vase too. I guess you are already painting. Hope you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

How sweet of Rebecca and what a sweet painting -- the shaded flowers, done in such a nice abstract way, and the detailed vase. The ceramic look really comes through too! We are having rain after our beautiful sunny day yesterday so I'm glad the sun when your way to paint outside.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

What a wonderful surprise to find on arrival. I love the pink blossoms...so simple and so lovely!!! Enjoy your paint out!!! Sounds like fun. I went out plein air painting the last two days and I'm glad I did. Today we have clouds and drizzle. Enjoy!!!

caseytoussaint said...

What a beautiful gift - and how nice of you to share it with the rest of us!

Sandy said...

Oh I remember those delicate little blossoms on the shrub my Grandmother had, they facinated me - Thanks for bringing back such a lovely memory - and hope the dat was fabulous for you